On The Road With Chris Day 4 DriveWA Ep. 4
Hints and Tips...
- Distance covered: approx 100 kms
- Driving Time : varied as we stayed locally around Kalbarri
- Boats are available from Kalbarri Boat Hire
- Notes: The Murchison River in Kalbarri is home to tailor, herring, trevally, black bream and mulloway
- Some popular local fishing spots include the mouth of the Murchison River, Oyster Reef, Black Rock, Chinaman's Beach, and Red Bluff - beware the huge swells when fishing these areas.
- Lucky Bay is located between Port Gregory and Kalbarri, offering large sand dunes- take caution when driving here
- The tracks can be flooded at times; check the depth before you cross.
- Only attempt 4WDriving if you have the suitable equipment - head to ORE for the best deals
- Please don't leave home without your WA Pass which will save you a great deal of money
- Also our Driving Holidays Information Centre has great books for sale - discounted for WA Pass holders
- For this Great Escape you'll need DEC Park Passes again available at our driving Holidays Information Centre - discounted for WA Pass holders
We don't drive far today - we enjoy Kalbarri which is a fabulous spot for a holiday at any time of year. In fact we barely drive 100 kilometres but it's a great day in a wonderful place.
And Mark really wanted to do only one thing on this DriveWA escape - he was desperate to catch a bigger fish than our DriveWA Producer Steve Correia at Kalbarri’s famous Murchison River mouth. Steve is a relatively famous fisherman, so this was a big challenge - but there was also Taryn to deal with! And fishing is not always predictable.
Of course the question for this weeks competition had to be about Mark's fishing and it is in three parts.
The Big Questions you need...
- "Did Mark catch a fish?" - and
- "Who caught biggest fish on this episode?""- and
- "Whom did they telephone?" - and "what company does he run?"
Hint - they mention his name and his company during the conversation.
The competition and how to win...
You will need to get all three answers correct to win - so jot your answers down and email us at email@example.com - or if you don't have email you can telephone us and register your answer with Chris Cronin.
Or write the answer on a piece of paper and deliver or post it to us at our brand new Driving Holidays WA Information Centre at 206 Adelaide Terrace Perth WA 6000.
If you send your answer by email then we will respond by email but if you do not then please make sure we have your contact details in case you win.
The winner will be determined by a ballot if more than one correct entry is received. The decision of our judge will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about that. But you can email us about nearly anything else!
The prize to help you with your next DriveWA escape is 2 Nights Free Accommodation for you and your partner/friend in a double or twin room in one of our partner establishments along the route of our DriveWA Great Escape 1 - a great prize by anyone's standards!
The results will be published in this website a week after the screening of each episode on Channel 44 (if you are having trouble finding the results please email us).
If you happen to miss the segment that deals with the question or to see this or any of the other episodes of DriveWA why not visit our video pages.
Stay at the new Kalbarri Edge Resort. more
Entry into the National Park requires a day pass. more
Come and see the magnificent gorges that were carved by the Murchison River. more
The Best Western Hospitality Inn Geraldton offers 52 well appointed and extremely comfortable rooms as well as deluxe self contained apartments. The rooms boast a host of facilities such as air conditioning, internet facilities, free in-house movies and FOXTEL. The Inn also offers spacious grounds and an outdoor pool along with a guest BBQ area. more
Ningaloo Reef Retreat is your portal to the award winning eco camp on the reef in Cape Range National Park. So join the expert guides at the Ningaloo Reef Retreat and discover more than you ever imagined. more
The Mackerel Islands - the ideal place to relax and fish on your own special island The pristine coral reefs are home to a myriad of colourful reef fish and stunning coral formations. The islands are a diver’s paradise. Fishermen will also be astonished by the Mackerel’s; offering many five start species off the beach and out to see. more
Visit a typical "farmer-workers cottage" from 100 years ago! more
Jurien Bay is a seaside resort town. It is devoted to Cray-fishing and fishing, the bays are sheltered by a series of islands and reefs which are just off the coast. Jurien Bay is built on low sand ridges. It is a beautiful place to be as the cottages and beaches give it the get-a-way vibe. more