Episode 13 - Perth to Exmouth Highlights
Hints and Tips...
- The distance between Perth and Exmouth is 1265km's
- The time taken to drive from Perth to Exmouth in one session is roughly 15 hours
- All National Parks will require a DEC Park Pass available at the Driving Holidays Information Centre
- Flora species include over 1000 wildflowers, acacia, spinifex, grevillea and eucalyptus
- Fauna found enroute include sheep, cattle, dingoes, foxes, wallabies, red kangaroos, emus and euros
- There are over 100 different species of birds
- Over 80 species of reptiles
- Beware cattle on the sides of the road
- Not recommended for night driving
- The Ningaloo Reef is the world's largest "Fringing Reef"
- The Ningaloo Reef is approx 270km's long
- The Ningaloo Reef is approx 1200km's north of Perth
- The Ningaloo Reef is now a World Heritage Listed Site
- Please don't leave home without your WA Pass which will save you a great deal of money
- Also our Driving Holidays Information Centre has great books for sale - discounted for WA Pass holders
This is our round up episode featuring all the highlights from our Great Escape starting in Perth heading to the Swan Valley, then onto Cervantes and the Pinnacles, Greenough, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Monkey Mia, Coral Bay and lastly Exmouth.
The team would like to thank the wonderful staff who provided welcoming accommodation at Best Western Cervantes, Dongara, Best Western Geraldton, Kalbarri Edge Resort, Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort, Best Western Carnarvon and the Sea Breeze Resort in Exmouth.
We hope we have inspired some of you to venture out and enjoy an exciting adventure as you drive around Western Australia. Please remember to call in at the Driving Holidays Information Centre and check out the DriveWA website for all your information for your journey.
The Big Questions you need...
- "What is the address of the Driving Holidays Information Centre?" and
- "What is the best website to find all the latest hints and tips for planning a self drive holiday throughout WA?"
Hint - You're here!
The competition and how to win...
You will need to get both answers correct to win - so jot your answers down and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - or if you don't have email you can telephone us and register your answer with Chris Cronin.
Or write the answer on a piece of paper and deliver or post it to us at our brand new Driving Holidays WA Information Centre at 206 Adelaide Terrace Perth WA 6000.
If you send your answer by email then we will respond by email but if you do not then please make sure we have your contact details in case you win.
The winner will be determined by a ballot if more than one correct entry is received. The decision of our judge will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about that. But you can email us about nearly anything else!
The prize to help you with your next DriveWA escape is 2 Nights Free Accommodation for you and your partner/friend in a double or twin room in one of our partner establishments along the route of our DriveWA Great Escape 1 - a great prize by anyone's standards!
The results will be published in this website a week after the screening of each episode on Channel 44 (if you are having trouble finding the results please email us).
If you happen to miss the segment that deals with the question or to see this or any of the other episodes of DriveWA why not visit our video pages.